Guided Spring Snow Goose Hunts – Mound City, Missouri
Permit Requirement for Light-Goose Conservation Order
During the Conservation Order, Feb. 1–April 30, residents and nonresidents age 16 and older only need a Conservation Order Permit to chase, pursue and take snow, blue and Ross’s geese. This permit costs $5 for residents and $47 for nonresidents. Hunters with either a Resident Lifetime Conservation Partner Permit or a Resident Lifetime Small Game Hunting Permit do not need to purchase a Conservation Order Permit to hunt light geese during the Conservation Order.
Hunters 15 years old and younger do not need a Conservation Order Permit, but must possess a valid hunter-education certificate card or hunt in the immediate presence of a properly licensed adult 18 years old or older who is hunter-education certified or was born before January 1, 1967.
Note: A Missouri small game hunting permit, Missouri Migratory Bird Hunting Permit and Federal Duck Stamp are not required during the Conservation Order.
Spring Snow Goose Conservation. Season Hunts 2023
We have over 20 years of experience during the spring conservation season in Northwest Missouri
Booking Dates February 20 – March 20
Location: Mound City, MO near Squaw Creek Refuge
All Hunts Are Semi – Guided
$250 per hunter / per day
$1200 per day / daily blind leases for (up to 6 hunters)
When booking a Friday, Saturday, Sunday hunt you must book at least two days. (Friday, Saturday, Sunday / Friday, Saturday or Saturday, Sunday)
All equipment is included at each location: decoys, ecallers, flyers, rotaries and blinds
Come and hunt some of the closest and most productive blinds next to Squaw Creek Refuge.
We will have at least five locations available for the spring 2023 conservation season.
These blinds include the following:
- “Tapered 80” an 18ft pit blind known for being comfortable and fun to hunt and where the club and guide service started 8 yrs ago.
- “Spoonville” has a 20 ft pit blind
- “The Pond” has a 24 ft A frame and typically produces some great shooting action.
- “Behind the House” offers a 16ft A frame just a short walk from the house.
- The “Hammer 80” has 16 ft A frame very well hidden in the field a has proven itself year after year.
- Rental house that sleeps up to 6 hunters / $225 per night with a two-night minimum
- Super 8 offers all of our clients a discounted rate and a military discount
50% deposit required for booking balance due in cash upon arrival
For bookings contact either of us
Joe Haake – Ops Manager
Scott Croner – Owner
- $325 per hunter / per day
- Daily Pit Blind Leases
- October 28 – December 28, 2023
- heated pit blinds
- fully guided duck hunts
- full day hunts
- lodging available
- Near Squaw Creek Refuge
- Mound City, Missouri
“My father and I recently booked a hunt with Scott Croner in Mound City, MO., that was one of the best field hunts we have ever experienced. As avid water-fowlers, my father and I have hunted from Alaska to Texas and all flyways in between. This field hunt with Scott & Squaw Creek Hunt Club was one of the best hunts either of us have experienced. If you would like shooting greenheads at 15-25 yards in December, in the comforts of a heated pit blind I would call Scott. 1st class accommodations and guiding services by Scott and his organization.” Matt Sattersen
These spring snow goose hunts are typically exciting and have good shooting action.
$175 Per Hunter / Per Day – NO membership required
- all equipment provided
- fully guided
Locations may include cornfields, pit blind style hunt, flooded field or pond. Decoy Spreads Available
- 1000 full body decoys, 500 sillosocks, over 30 flyers -hilltop cornfield
- 700 sillo socks, up to 200 floaters, over 30 flyers – pond / cornfield / bean field
- 1500 Sillosocks, up 50 flyers – to go spread (go where the snow goose are at)
- 750 shells decoys (Avery 5/8s, full size, and motion shells) 300 – 500 sillo socks
- over 15 location that we can hunt in the Mound City / Squaw Creek NWR area
Based on Availability – – We can provide you with a field to hunt in a prime location around the Mound City and Squaw Creek NWR area. We have several locations of prime snow goose hunting ground we lease that the members may use. Exclusive Fields Available – Additional Charge
Lodging – Completely furnished rentals are available along with VRBOs and some Air B & BS
Food – local restaurants have excellent food and you are also welcome to cook and the rentals
To Join or schedule a Visit Please Call 855-473-2875 or visit www.squawcreekhuntclub.com
Individual Membership – $5000
Includes the Unlimited Use and Access to the Following:
Fall Waterfowl Hunting
- flooded corn fields
- field hunting (duck, Canada geese, snow geese)
- all equipment provided
- self guided
- pit blinds, duck blinds in Missouri River bottoms located less than 1 mile from Southwest corner of Squaw Creek National Wildlife Refuge
Lodging & Food
Lodging– Completely furnished five bedroom farm house that will sleep 8, with spacious ( kitchen, dining room. living room)
Food – Breakfast, Dinner, Supper (can be provided)